How to Obtain an FSSAI License for a Fruit Business?
The Indian government is constantly changing the laws to maintain the safety of food in the country. FSSAI is the Food Safety and Standard Authority of India which handles all the issues related to food products. If you want to commence any food business in India, you should get FSSAI License.
FSSAI license is necessary for vendors and companies selling fruits and vegetables. A fruit company is one that sells and packs and exports fruits to other countries of the world. Every fruit company must obtain an FSSAI license to sell or export different kinds of fruits.
Types of FSSAI Food Licenses?
This is an essential license for vendors of fruits and companies that sell fruits. There are various kinds of FSSAI licenses such as:
This is a license that is issued to small businesses that have an annual turnover of less than INR 12 lakhs. A basic license is normally issued to small-scale companies and startups.
FSSAI Central License
This is the second type of food license is issued to companies having an annual turnover of more than 20 crores. Central license is given to large companies.
FSSAI State License
As the name states, this license is issued to the businesses that operate within a state. A state license is given to businesses that have an annual turnover between INR 12 lakhs and INR 20 crores.
What is the Full Process to Get an FSSAI License for a Fruit Business?
To start a fruit company or business in India, you will need FSSAI Food License. There are a few steps to follow to obtain this license such:
- The first step is to visit the official site of the Food Safety and standards authority of India.
- Then you have to tap on the option of “Apply/License registration”. This option can be found on the homepage.
- The next step is to select the state in which you want to start your fruit company. You will find the list of states in the drop-down menu.
- Now, you have to tap on the option of “Trade/retail” and choose the applicable option. This list has various options such as a retailer, exporter, storage, wholesaler, distributor, and so on.
- The next step is to tap on the option “Apply for Registration” on the next page. Now, you have to click one of two options which are “Apply for State license” or “Apply for a central license”.
- Now, you have to fill in the details in Form-A or Form-B. You have to further tap on the option of the “Save and Next” option.
- Then you have to upload all the necessary documents and move ahead with the process.
- Now, you have to do a payment. There is a list of different payment options in the form. You can select any one payment option and do the payment. Then you have to submit the form.
- Higher authorities of FSSAI will check every document and verify it. They will also visit your food premises for inspection if it is required.
- Finally, FSSAI will provide FSSAI License Certificate if you fulfill all the important criteria. You can download FSSAI Food License for a Fruit Company from the official site.
The companies can also apply for Food License certification offline. To apply for the certificate, the companies have to fill out Form-A or FormB and submit it to Food Safety Department with all the necessary documents and address proofs.
Which Documents are Required to Obtain an FSSAI Food License?
If you want to start a new business of fruits, it is important to register for an FSSAI license. FSSAI License Registration in India requires the following documents such as:
- Incorporation certificate of the company or business
- ID proofs of food business operators
- List all the fruits that you want to sell
- Address proof of company premises or NOC of the owner of rented premises
- Import and export code (IEC)
- (MOA) Memorandum of association
- (AOA) Articles of association
- Address of the place where fruits are grown
- Certificate of food safety management system
Benefits of Obtaining an FSSAI License for a Fruit Company
FSSAI License is important for every businessman who wants to start a fruit business. This license offers many benefits to the businessman such as:
- This license helps to create goodwill for your business.
- You will gain more customers after getting this license.
- FSSAI license in Bangalore helps in business expansion. You can sell a variety of fruits in international markets after obtaining this license.
- You will get a loan and financial assistance from banks and financial institutions after getting this license.
- The license offers credibility to your business and builds your business reputation.
- There will be no legal issues after getting this license. Registration of the FSSAI license helps you to avoid unnecessary legal issues.
- After gaining an FSSAI license, you can build long-term and strong relationships with your customers.
- You can join hands with other businessmen and companies after getting a food license for business growth.
Clean and Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Market Initiative by FSSAI
This initiative is beneficial for consumers and businessmen. It is started to organize the retail sector and provide fresh and clean fruits to the consumers. The guidelines of the program are:
- Every fruit and vegetable vendor must register himself under Food Safety and Standards Regulations 2011.
- Every vendor must show an FSSAI license with a green color code in the cart or shop.
- Fruits and vegetables should not contain mineral oil or harmful chemicals or other toxic substances.
- Vendors should not sell artificially ripened fruits or vegetables.
- Good labs should check the water quality used in washing these fruits and vegetables.
- Vendors should not use stickers on the fruits with irrelevant information.
- Fruit and vegetable vendors should place their shops or carts in a location that does not have pollution or industrial zones.