Process of obtaining DIN KYC
Get Expert Advice
You can get expert advice on obtaining DIN KYC.
Once you submit the documents required, our experts will do the paperwork.
We will file the application and a documented follow-up will be done.
Upon submission of e-form, SRN will be generated which will be used for future correspondence with the MCA & an email with the approval of the form will be received.
What is DIN & DIR 3 KYC?
Director Identification Number (DIN) is a unique identification number issued by the MCA to a person intending to be a director or an existing director of any company. DIN is specific to an individual, even if he is a director in two or more companies; he has to obtain only one DIN. Once allotted, the DIN number has lifetime validity.
Whenever a return, an application or any information related to a company will be submitted under any law, the director signing such return, application or information will have to mention his DIN with signature.
As per MCAs recent announcement, any director who holds DIN will have to submit his KYC details in e-form DIR 3 to MCA and this process is mandatory for the disqualified directors too.
Documents Required for Filing DIR-3 KYC
Self attested Aadhaar Card
Self attested PAN
Recent Passport size photograph
• Self-Attested Electricity Bill/ Bank statement with present address
Filing Fees/ Penalty for delay DIR3-KYC Filing
- In case of delay in filing the DIR-3 KYC, there will be a penalty fee of Rs.5000.
- If DIR-3 KYC is not filed, DIN shall be deactivated which means you are disqualified to act as a director in the company.
Frequently asked questions
1. Who is liable to file Form DIR-3 KYC?
Every Director who has been allotted DIN on or before 31st March, of a financial year.
2. Do we need to pay filling fee for Form DIR-3 KYC?
No, there is no filing fee for form DIR-3 KYC. However, if the form is not filed till due date, penalty of Rs. 5000/- is applicable.
3. Is filing of Form DIR-3 KYC mandatory for a disqualified director?
Yes, It is mandatory for all the Directors whether he is disqualified or not.
4. What are the consequences of not filling Form DIR-3 KYC?
The Government can deactivate the Director Identification Number (DIN) of an individual who does not file e-form DIR-3-KYC within stipulated time and penalty of Rs. 5000/- is imposed.
5. How can we re-activate a DIN after it is de-activated as a consequence of non-filing of Form DIR-3 KYC?
The DIN can be re-activated only after you file e-form DIR-3-KYC along with the penalty of Rs. 5000/-.
6. Is it mandatory to file DIR-3 KYC if I’m not holding directorship in any company?
Yes, it is mandatory to file Form DIR-3 KYC if you are holding DIN even if you are not a director in any company.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER